Cross Lutheran Church on the corner on Main and Walnut streets. Photo was taken in 1956 when the congregation was celebrating their 50th anniversary. The building was bought from an Adventist Christian congregation that disbanded on July 15th 1906 for $1,200. The charter members were J Fred Mutterer, Herman Mutterer, Ernest G Mutterer, Charles Schirr, Henry Schirr, Fred Vergin, Gustav Vergin, Louis Desens and William Schultze Sr. In July of 1930 the last service was held in the old wooden church. By November of 1930 the congregation was having their dedication service in the brick church pictured here. the The church is known for the blue cross that sits atop the bell tower. For years non-members would send in donations asking to be placed towards the expense of keeping the cross light at night.