Meet Our Volunteers -- Serving with love and devotion, paid with cookies and coffee
Our volunteers are talented
One beautiful summer day in June 2017, Martha Woodward Ryan – grand-daughter of Clinton & Meda Stork – serenaded our gardening gurus. The dulcet tones of her violin wafted gently on the breeze, weaving a touch of magic throughout the flowers and trees at the AFS House.
Needless to say, we LOVE our volunteers and the talents they share with us!
Intrigued? You ought to be.
The RAHS continually looks for new volunteers with big ideas willing to spend a few hours each month creating a brilliant future for this organization.
Positions include the following:
- Board of Trustees – serve as a board member on RAHS’s board of trustees
- Tour Guide – provide tours of the Ames-Florida-Stork House. Training is provided.
- Quilting – assist with making the annual River Days quilt. New & experienced quilters are welcome.
- Gardening – working the Rockford Garden Club, help manage the gardens on the grounds of the Stork House including planting, weeding, seasonal clean-up and so on.
- Special Events – provide assistance with seasonal events like the Pie & Ice Cream Social, the Annual Meeting, the Christmas Tea, Harvest Party, etc.
- Museum Collections – help catalog the artifacts at the Stork House. Training is provided.
- Educational Programs – help plan and present historical programs for children. Training in provided as needed.
- Miscellaneous – Includes Museum maintenance, Exhibit construction, Genealogy
Call (763) 477-5383, contact us for more information or fill out the form below.